We are big fans of Dave live like no one else so later you can live like no one else Ramsey around here. That means we don't go out to eat whenever we want. We don't have cable TV. (But we do splurge for Netflix streaming and an occasional iTunes season pass.) We buy groceries at Aldi, which is just plain cheapismart anyway. And we try, oh, we so try, to pay cash because it hurts to say goodbye to a face more than to a PIN.
But sometimes, even Dave has his limit. I don't know what his personal Kryptonite is, but mine is books. And maybe vintage silver, or even fake vintage-looking silver. And since Barnes and Noble, Amazon, or even my favorite indie book seller on Hatteras Island are not in my budget, I head out to the thrift stores to get my fix. The bonus of course is that Thrift stores don't just sell books. They also sell silvery things!
Here's my latest haul. That silver-plated dish polished up nicely but still shows a respectable amount of tarnish.
And those books! $1.99 a piece and one was free. I like to think that I'm saving indie book sellers by not buying at the box stores. And I'm saving my budget, too. Hey, Dave's probably all about a two-fer.


Love it! First of all, your picture is fabulous. Such happiness. Love finding books at the thrift store and garage sales. The best bargains ever! :)MaryHelen
ReplyDeleteGorgeous dish, and fun piece! I had fun going to the thrift store with you... Thanks for sharing. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the photo! Books are my Kryptonite too, I love getting second hand books as well. Good for you for getting such a good deal.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately picture books are a weakness and the internet has created a monster in me. I must show self-restraint but sometimes I deserve it, right?
ReplyDeleteUgh...I hear you! At times I am sure I keep Scholastic in business! Ha! :)
ReplyDeleteI love books too. Would you believe I bought 5 picture books at a thrift store this morning? They were 20 cents each. Yes, 5 for one dollar. You can beat that! Thanks for sharing your slice.
ReplyDelete