Monday, March 26, 2012

Anticipation



Finally, the email notice arrived today.
Complete with tracking details.
Now I won't have to change my name.

Mrs. Richert, when will our books be here?
Mrs. Richert, are our books here?
Mrs. Richert, did I order books this time?
Mrs. Richert, umm, ummmmm, I forgot. 
Oh yeah, Mrs. Richert? Are the books here yet?

Tomorrow I can answer:  
No, my sweets. Our books just departed Jefferson City, Missouri, and they're supposed to be here by Thursday. The next time you wonder about the books, you should say, "UPS, where in the world are our books?" UPS will be handling all your book order inquiries till Thursday.


3 comments:

  1. I remember those days. I get excited, too, when I send for books through Amazon. There is just something about getting a new book. Good that you're steering them toward UPS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being able to track packages. I'd like to try the name changing thing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like waiting for a book to arrive - but it is ever so hard!

    ReplyDelete