My husband asked the other day (after whipping up a rather sensational bowl of guacamole), "Who do you think the first person was to mash up avocado and eat it and say, 'Oh, that's good!'" Well, I'd never really thought about it. I just know I like mashed up avocados in my guacamole. But that did get me wondering about other firsts from the perspective of the firstee.
I wonder what these folks thought when they first:
* slapped a contact lens on their eyeball
* tossed a rock from 20 feet back into a basket
* slid down a snowy hill without crashing
* parachuted out of a plane
* mixed chocolate with peanut butter
* sliced open a thumb and watched it heal
* made fire
* snapped a leash on a wolfdog
* received an email
* mixed chocolate with milk
* dipped a fresh corn tortilla into a bowl of guacamole

What a great way to look at things. I love this idea - to try and think about how it felt to be the first to do something which is fairly common now. Great list. My favorite was "slapped a contact lens on their eyeball."
ReplyDeleteOoooh, this was cute and clever. I like your wonderings. I also love guacamole too. My favorite was --sliced open a thumb and watched it heal. I recently did that. However, I had the help of Neosporin and Band-Aids.
ReplyDeleteYes I often wonder about the predecessors to coffee and tea- what else did people grind up and soak?
ReplyDelete