Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Clean Slate

Inspired by Pinterest:

18 Things I Should Get Rid of, But Don't

plastic lids that don't match plastic bowls

dead batteries in the junk drawer

Michelle's cheerleader sweater

college textbooks from the 1980s

cassette tapes (except the bootlegged Grateful Dead tape; I should keep that one)

those shoes that are too small for my left foot

those pants that are too small for my entire butt

at least part of my entire butt

two bottles of Beautiful perfume I can't wear since my 2nd son was born

fear of elevators

the mortgage

the light over the dining room table

documents I never use on my hard drive

the laundry pile in my room

empty paint cans

husband's stockpile of cheap toilet paper

every single Lego on the floor

guilt for not getting rid of all this stuff

6 comments:

  1. I've got you beat...I still have college textbooks from the 1970's (oh, I shouldn't age myself like that!)...but I like your list, and most expecially agree, we need to get rid of the guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about textbooks from the 60's? No, I did get rid of them!!! Plastic lids without owners is horrible and cheap toilet paper most of us buy just once and stash it somewhere just in case. All too true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Wendi! I still have my ballet shoes from second grade. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent list. I like the way humor weaves throughout and yet there are still serious points. I especially like your last item on the list. Lists are very good.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list...I'm usually a thrower..but there are a few things I could get rid of!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! And how true. I got a great laugh from this. Helped me lighten up....

    ReplyDelete