IF I remember my form.
AND I remember my one-steps.
AND I don't vomit on the floor when they call my name. I still can't get over that fear of testing....
I have big hopes for being a camo belt. Namely, the chance to play with the big kids in the Thursday night sparring class. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to get hurt. And I wouldn't dream of hurting another soul. (Not that I'm capable of such ruthless behavior. How UNSouthernly can you get?)
But I hear so much about the fun (if not pain) that my friends have in this club that I feel a tad left out being only a yellow belt.
So, without further ado, I give you my entry fee into the club.

This would be on the back of the Tee shirt these people - my friends - dream of. In fact, I feel sure they haven't gotten a single iota of sleep since the concept of a sparring club tee shirt was conceived. On the front of this wardrobe essential, the whole ATA GREENSBURG shabang. Maybe something about the Thursday Night Sparring Club. Whatever.
So, what do you think??
I believe a bit of fear is a good thing. It's part of what motivates you to practice and prepare for testing. I always feel a little queasy before testing. As long as you control the fear and not the other way around, you will be fine. Besides, you've made it this far w/o vomiting on the floor conductor's feet. I like the shirt idea!
ReplyDeleteAs long as you say "I still can't get over that fear", you won't get over it. Try "I WILL get over my fear." It's a mental game. Nothing else. And if there is one thing I know, it's that you are mental.
ReplyDeleteWait
What???
Love, love, love the shirt idea....still. When is ES gonna get with his "connection" about getting those bad boys made up???
ReplyDeleteYou'll love the "kick me club". We always have fun and are so polite and complimentary to one another (ex. "that was a great jump kick to my head, sir", or "oops, sorry you just ran straight into my side kick at 20 mph, are you ok?")
I, also, feel like puking at testing. I wish I could be calm, cool and collected like SC. She just goes out there and does her thing. I am working to overcome my fear. I did, after all, during a moment of insanity, OFFER to perform in front of people at the Fair. What's my neighbor gonna say now?????? :)
Fear can be a good thing. It can motivate and drive you to do better.
ReplyDeleteBut I would like to offer another perspective. That is, you might act shy....but I know better. As a camo, you will, and I quote, "kick butt!"
I know you will be welcomed by our group - I've never know otherwise with you. You will enjoy it and have lots of fun!
Ah, thanks, ES!
ReplyDeleteIt's so great to have you back at home!!!!!!!
And Lady Leslie,
Who you callin' mental!!!???!!!
Right back at cha!
hehehehehe
I can only mention your mental state because mine is SO much further gone! ;)
ReplyDeleteI love the shirt!
ReplyDeleteYou'll love the kick me club and you'll do great!
Don't be nervous about testing, just image all the judges in their underware! Where is that from???