"Welllllll, I've never actually seen them," I told him, ducking into the bathroom to think.
"You'll have to ask Dad," I quickly added.
Great day in the morning. He's questioning the Flagari.
Next it'll be the big kahuna, Santa Claus. To be followed by the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, and the Halloween Witch who trades candy for a surprise toy.
My other baby is growing up.
Months ago I walked in on Eaglescout having a conversation with his boys about the Flagari.
"When you go to bed at night, the lights go out. The Flagari come out of their little cracks and hidey holes to play with the toys." insert question from Encyclopedia Camden
"Because they don't have toys." insert question from Encyclopedia Camden
"Because they're small little creatures they can't get into toy boxes or into containers or on shelves either, so any toys left on the floor that they can reach they take care of. And they play with them for a while and enjoy them. Because any toy should be taken care of." (lesson to be learned)
"And because the Flagari love their toys so much and they really do appreciate the fact that they have toys at all, they often take the toys and share them with other children who would enjoy them. So remember, you should always clean your toys off the floor and put them in the toy box if you'd like to see them in the morning."
The kids listened to this bit of nonsense, completely spellbound.
Except for Encyclopedia Camden. "What do they look like? What do they do? Will they take Star Wars toys? Can we get them back?"
Benjy is so taken with the Flagari that he has begun naming they tiny Ninjas that he wins at Seabase Flagari Guys. And now Camden is wondering if they're even real. I can't say that I blame him. There are so many nights when we go to bed that toys on the floor of the playroom are still there in the morning. And while the toys on the floor do give me fits, I don't bother to pick them up and put them away. That's work. If the Flagari want them, they can have them. Have at it, you little monsters!
Viva! Le child petite! May they never grow up!
ReplyDeleteWill the Flagari take dirty underwear and stinky socks if they're left on the floor???? If so, I'd welcome them to hang out in the boys' rooms. Especially if they took the underwear and socks, washed 'em, and returned them!
ReplyDeleteVery creative, ES, very creative.
Geeze.
ReplyDeleteHere he goes again.
Hijacking my blog.
(But, yeah, he's pretty good with the stories. I don't know what's true and what's not on many days.)
Wendi, you have a beautiful writing style. Why you'd want to emulate anyone else's is beyond me.
ReplyDeleteoh, and I'm pretty sure I heard that the Flagari are all colorblind. Sad, but true.
This is a great story that (with permission of course) I'm going to steal.
ReplyDeleteHelp yourself! I hear the Flagari live anywhere there are kdis. After all, that's where the toys are!
ReplyDelete