Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's hard to come up with topics for the blog, ya know? So after ES and I put the boys to bed at 8:00 - did ya hear that??? 8 PM ON THE DOT! - I got my bag of lesson plans and books and copies and letters to parents and homework assignments and Excedrin ready for school tomorrow and sat down to research blog topics. It's 10 o'clock now. Sad how I've chosen to spend my last moments of freedom. And to think I could have been watching the Hooters Swimsuit Pageant/Contest/Scholarship Extravaganza or whatever they call it. It's basically a booty call. Or booby call in this case.

So, there are a lot of websites called MEMEs out there devoted to helping us blog challenged peeps. And in these MEMEs are thousands of things we could be blogging about if we weren't so hopeless as to still be talking about our Fab Five. And Delta Dawn. (And to think I told SC today that she could be Tinnelle to Tightpants' Captain. Oh, I'm completely and totally an ugly duckling in a sea of cool fowl.)

These MEMEs are so proliferous that there's no way I could create a fresh list of blog prompts on a school night. So I'm gonna link to them here. And we can click away and decide what we'd like to blog about. We can make a list if we want. We can even make up some of our own. But since we're pretty much 0 for 2, I figure we need all the help we can get.

Here's what I found:

There's a lot more out there, if you wanna check. I googled "blog challenge" and "blog topics". But it's a school night for me. sigh. But since you're still awake, I thought I'd leave you with this dose of fun. I'm sure the kids will be into this any day now.


4 comments:

  1. I'm deeply offended at the unbalanced screen time given to the Captain compared to Tennille and her backup bimbos. It's like he is McCain and she is Obama or something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about how unfair it was for poor Captain to be stuck in the background like he's an old chump made to play for the popular kids. The political tie-in, though, didn't quite come across for me. Of course, I just teach first grade. I don't think that much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK - new topic..... What kids say when they first wake up on the first day of school.

    A first for our kids - "OK Dad! I'm ready to go!"

    These words have never been uttered from my child's mouth, unless I'm missing something!

    ReplyDelete