Tuesday, August 12, 2008

After talking to Princess tonight at tkd, I realized the special forces are starting to stir, sort of like before a full moon. Something about needing to know who my fab five are or they'll likely break off to form their own republic. The Spar Republic of Wanna Be With The Fab Five. I certainly don't want to cause a mutiny and add to our already crowded slate of ineffective countries, so I'll add my 5 here. 

Let me preface this, however, by letting you loyal readers know just how hard I've been working today on all things literacy - reading workshop, writing workshop, reading curriculum, writing curriculum, the education blogs and message boards. It's all rather mundane, but it has to be done. And secretly, I'm enough of an dweeb to enjoy it. Go Reading!!!!

OK, without further ado, and with apologies to the celebrities mentioned here, this is my list of crushes right at this very minute.


Rob Lowe 
He's always been a hottie, and I was mad about him when he was on The West Wing
Loved the suit, the self-importance of his character. 
He can write my speeches any day.



This is Spy Michael Weston on Burn Notice, but IRL, he goes by Jeffrey Donovan
That smile is the clincher for me. 
Like a nice bow on a pretty package. 
You know he's got a crush on me, no?


GROWL
Ah, another pretty smile. 
Tiger Woods. Where's ES? I need him to do the growl. I'm starting to get it now. :)
Bono.
It's not the smile.
Or the receding hairline. 
It's his heart for doing good. Sometimes that's enough.



OK, so that man isn't the Lucas Davenport
but he is the author of the books that star this detective 
who has taken my heart by storm. 
Lucas. 
Davenport. 
Just say it.
His character is so real that there are actual posts out there on the 'net 
guessing his top 100 rock songs.
Go figure. 
Lucas.
Davenport.


And finally, just to make up for lost time, and so that we don't give birth to a new country tonight, I offer up number 6 in the Fab 5. .................



























Earl.
Gotta love a man with a conscience.
And a list.
Oh wait a minute. 
I have one of those.
:)

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sniff, sniff - a man with a list. Gotta love it. I should write that down. Wait - I am! Rats. Need to make a list of what needs to be done next.

    While not as exotic as others on the blogs, here's my personal five which would include:

    Gabrielle Anwar. Any woman that can kick butt and take names is ok in my book.

    Courtney Thorne-Smith - lawyer, now a mom. What's not to love.

    Angelina Jolie - Lara Croft, Mrs. Smith, Tigress in KungFu Panda - 'nuff said.

    Catherine Zeta-Jones - Welsh is good!

    Rachel Weisz - mummies, guns, gold. that'd make a great move. Oh wait - it already did!

    Now, maybe SB will leave me alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first comment was mine, but in my haste, it had numerous typos.
    Here it is again.
    ES is hijacking my blog.
    911.
    He should get his own.
    He better not get more comments than me.
    Yes, I'm a jealous, bitter wife with a janhg bong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SB is cheating. She can't handle that I like women that can fight. Oops. She's got less than two weeks till the camo belt......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can kick butt and take names....I can also take names and kick butt - does that mean I'm ok in your book ? :) :) :)

    Start your own blog Jimmy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I mention that I went to high school with a guy who looks like the "Burn Notice" dude? And, really, you picked an imaginary guy as one of your "5"?????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucas Davenport is cool! Especially since you can create a mental picture of who he is while reading of his exploits.

    By the way, Rob Lowe is mine (but I like your picture of him better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendi, your list is so eclectic. Just like YOU!!!!

    ES...I had to google two of your women. I was not disappointed.

    ReplyDelete