Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thank you, Princess, for giving me a reason to stay awake for another hour.........

(A) Attached or Single...Attached to Eaglescout since Sept. 5, 1992, Highland Park, Roanoke, Virginia. He was the one in brown cowboy boots. I was ravishingly, breath-takingly beautiful.
(B) Best friend... Eaglescout. 
(C) Cake or pie... It all depends on who makes the cake or pie. If it's cake batter that I make from a box, then I'll happily lick the bowl. If LL makes the cake, I'll eat it. If it's a blackberry pie from anywhere with vanilla bean icecream, then it's mine. So, I can't make a choice here. I'm undecided. Hopeless.
(D) Day of choice... In the summer, I'd have to agree with Princess. Now that school's started, I'd have to pick Friday just for the fact that I can look forward to the weekend.
(E) Essential item... A book. A new crime fiction novel by John Sandford would be prime.
(F) Favorite color... yellow.
(G) Gum or mints... Gum.
(H) Hometown... Norton, Virginia. A happy Mayberry kinda place. Even though I couldn't wait to get out when I was in college, I grew to miss it more and more with each year I've lived farther and farther away from it. :(
(I) Favorite Indulgence... hot cocoa with skim milk and caramel and a brand new book from B&N. Yes, it's 2 things, CTP, but it's 1 when taken as a single entity or experience. One indulgence. They go together. Like PB&J.
(J) January or July... January. Winter is the best time of the year. 2 words of explanation: Snow Days.
(K) Kids... 2 boys, 1 canine
(L) Life isn't complete without... a nap. Oh no, I mean, ES and the younglings.
(M) Marriage date... Sept. 5, 1992
(N) Number of brothers and sisters... 1 sister. Michelle. She passed away on April 9, 2008. But she'll always and forever by my baby sister. 
(O) Oranges or apples... chocolate Snack Pack pudding.
(P) Phobias... Crowds, People, the PUBLIC, HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
(Q) Quotes... "One time, at band camp............." 
"You'll shoot your eye out."
And something from Austin Powers, I'm sure. I just don't remember what.
(R) Reasons to smile... Having Camden and Benjy BOTH at recess this week when I'm on, of all the unsmiley things, recess duty. I love seeing my boys playing when they don't know I'm watching.
(S) Season of choice... Winter - snow, snow cream, snow storms, snow-covered roads, snow reports, snow days
(T) Tag... You're it!
(U) Unknown fact about me... Well, I'd like to think you'd find it extremely unusual that I was the last person chosen for every single gym team I was on. :(   But, I guess you possibly don't know that I am a National Board Certified Teacher which means that I once knew about what I am talking. I'm praying about the recertification process this year. A long and icky and pricey process, but one I'm feeling led to pursue. hmmmmmmm.
(V) Valentine's Day or not... I really don't care. ES and I tend to forget this holiday in spite of our intense and undying love for one another an all things hearty and chocolate.
(W) Worst habit... gas. Uh, I mean, cracking my knuckles.
(X) X-ray vision or invisibility... Invisibility. Think Harry Potter.
(Y) Your favorite food... Snack Pack chocolate pudding. This month.
(Z) Favorite Zoo animal... elephants. That's Camden's favorite animal.

3 comments:

  1. I actually knew you were nationally board certified (for all of you none teachery peopel - this is an extremely BIG accomplish that not many teachers in the nation have achieved)! ES was bragging about you one day before I even knew you, and this was one of the things he mentioned. I was impressed. Still am!

    But since I didn't share anything unusual about myself I won't ask you to give me a new one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gas!!! Bwahahaha! Hey, don't think you owe CTP an explanation if you give more than one answer. He's just going to have to deal with the fact that we're wonderfully complex human beings!

    ReplyDelete