Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Got a little visit in with SC tonight at the TKD Karate Kids testing. My favorite part of talking to her was when she came up to me and ES totally cracking up. That's all I'm gonna say about that. You'll have to ask her.

I will tell you, however, that Camden passed his testing tonight and earned his red belt. It's so red. Crimson red. A glorious shade of the reddest red I've ever seen. ES and I are so darn proud of our baby. He really wanted this when it came right down to it. Can't you see the pride in ES's face? And the determination on Camden's?

And so, we are a family of two red belts, one yellow belt, and one brown leather belt. Emma has no belt at all. Her clothes fit her perfectly. 

11 comments:

  1. Is that last picture of Camden or someone else? Just kidding :)

    He did a great job tonight, unlike some of his peers. He definitely knew his stuff and did you guys proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was more than a little curious about the peer thing......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Camden!!! I'm sure you did a GREAT job on your form and sparring!

    I guess I'll have to get the scoop now on what went down at testing re: SC cracking up and the whole "peer" thing.......hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...by the way, what time is testing tomorrow night???? (ducking my head in shame for not knowing the answer to this question.....)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto on the peer thing. I think he got it pretty good. Of course, the perfectionist he is - took three tries!

    I was very proud of my red belt boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for asking that question Tami. We'll try to be on time tonight.
    Camden was one of the few kids on Saturday that really knew his form during pretesting. I had no doubt Camden! I taught 4 classes Friday night and was amazed at how many weren't ready for testing. You can blame it on summer, but that's not a very good black belt attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Camden! He'll test Wednesdays now!!!! That's a huge step! I think we need a quick get together before school starts. Jeeze! We've got stories to share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We could do something this weekend if anyone's up for it. How about Sunday afternoon for a cookout and swimming?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, let's do the Sunday cookout thing! Sounds great to me. I love to eat. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! A picnic!!!! I'll bring something unhealthy! :D

    ReplyDelete