Mom gave me some sparkly goodness today - my great grandmother's wedding band and engagement ring. Michelle had worn the band; Mom had the engagement ring. Now I wear them together. They're the perfect bit of vintage bling - not showy, just about true love many, many years ago. And the sparkle is nice.
Mom and I had the greatest walk tonight. We strolled down the hills through the neighborhood, downtown along mainstreet, cut through the funeral home parking lot to the old St. Mary's hospital, and back through an alley and along the backstreets home. Coming home is tough climbing up all the hills. But the conversation was special. And I needed to walk the fried balogna sandwich I ate after church today off. That's two fried balogna lunches on this trip. I'll have to really straighten up when I get home.
Mom and I had the greatest walk tonight. We strolled down the hills through the neighborhood, downtown along mainstreet, cut through the funeral home parking lot to the old St. Mary's hospital, and back through an alley and along the backstreets home. Coming home is tough climbing up all the hills. But the conversation was special. And I needed to walk the fried balogna sandwich I ate after church today off. That's two fried balogna lunches on this trip. I'll have to really straighten up when I get home.
You've inspired me with your newly acquired "sparkle". I have my grandmother's diamond engagement ring and wedding band and have never worn them....maybe I will....to be like you.... :)
ReplyDelete