Sunday, July 06, 2008

In our top story today...



The Eaglescout has landed. Camden and Benjy rushed home from church, skipping coffee hour (ie cookies, punch, cakes, juice, hide & seek in the vesting robe closet) to wait for Dad. When he arrived around 2:00, they nearly rolled head-over-heels downstairs to greet him. They missed their daddy. I missed him, too. Yes, I took a 90-minute nap this evening just because I could.


In other news...


I have two new readers here. Welcome T and L!!! Now I should be up to, what's the count...4 and a half? These are my BFFs up here in Yankeeland. You know, it's really Yankeeish up here. Except for these chicks. They're cool. Not cold. Just cool. They don't have any slaves except their hubbies. They're just about downright southern.

When we first moved up here, I didn't think much of this Mason-Dixon line thing. But now I believe it's real. Very real. Of course, on the south side of this invisible line, it's all Confederate flags and Robert E. Lee and risin' again and scary such stuff. Up here, nobody thinks about that. That's refreshing. But, on the flip side, that warm southern hospitality that oozes off the pages of Southern Living oozes not up here. Now, at L's house? There's a real honest-to-goodness front porch and apple pie! Yes, you read right! Apple pie! T is hosting our next gathering soon. Eaglescout should be able to make this one since he's currently padlocked to the chair in the living room. I don't think he'll be going anywhere soon. 

Check out the resemblance.




And in our feature story this evening...

Our neighbors moved this weekend and we inherited their trampoline. I'd give my eyeteeth if I had a picture of the four men carrying this AS-IS up the road, over the fence, and into the yard. It needs a new net, as you can see. It also needed a bit of sprucing up, which Camden and Benjy got right onto. (And yes, I can and will end my sentences with a preposition. It's my blog and I can do whatever I please.)

Note the vacuum cleaner sitting beside the tramp. T names hers. Consuela is her new green sweeper. Mine's just a red dirt devil. No name. Maybe it'd work better if it had a name. Do any of my other 3 and a half readers name your appliances? 

3 comments:

  1. Consuela and I have never felt so famous!!!!! Love the picture of Camden, Benjy & Eaglescout. Padlocked to a chair...hmmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...Tami, am I Consuela or have you named another body part???

    Wendi, although I look horrible in that pic, I love that you enjoyed your time here the other night. You and/or your boys are always welcome here! Please note...the pie was free from Sams Club and the porch chairs are plastic. Next time, I'll make you a REAL apple pie! ;)

    Also, I echo the comment..."padlocked to a chair...hmmmmmm :)"

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUH...NOW I read the entire thing. Sweepers suck. That is all. =)

    ReplyDelete