
Did you see that?
Well, if you were in Virginia in the '70s and '80s, you couldn't miss it.
Here we have a tour of my many and varied hairstyles growing up. The little girl with me in a few of the photos is Michelle. She was the cute one. I was the goofy one who picked my nose.
To Mom's credit, she kept my hair cut short and simple and little girl adorable without being fussy and overly girly, which is just plain annoying. But I recall telling her one day that I didn't want to be cute anymore, and if she wasn't gonna let me shave my legs, well, I could fix my hair. Hmmmph. And so I grew out my locks and bought a pick and a can of White Rain Extra Hold, the kind with all kinds of flourocarbons in it to eat away at the ozone layer, and now you know where global warming is coming from.
I hope you've enjoyed yourselves today, girls. I think it's easy to see why I have the history with boyfriends that I have. Clearly I couldn't have made that up. These samples from my Big Hair Portfolio are brought to you by the makers of Dippity Doo. The cute ones with me and short hair were thrown in just to show you that Mom did have a lick of sense before I cut loose with the curling iron. And the current shot taken today was snapped by Benjy who told me to "look pretty, not crazy". I'm not sure what he meant by that.
OMG! THAT is AWESOME! My favorite, BY FAR, is the middle on the bottom.
ReplyDeleteOh...and did ya see that NGM buggered up and started a blog???
http://nocturnalgrandmaster.blogspot.com/
Bwaaahaaahaa! Lovin' it. My favorite is the one with the American flag! Thanks for posting these Southern Belle, you're a real sport!
ReplyDeleteYou are entirely too creative! That was great. I'm a fan of the big hair picture - yeah 80s!
ReplyDeleteI won't forget the googly eyes next week!
Sweet, sweeet Mom tried to tell me tonight that I was a beautiful girl with beautiful hair. :) A few of those were truly a face only a mom could love, huh Mom?!
ReplyDeleteAnd your Mother thought you were and still are beautiful. You really, really need some pics of past boyfriends! Love ya
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, past boyfriends! Not that is a post to post for sure!!!!!
ReplyDelete