Friday, July 11, 2008

Color Your World

I have several shots today. I have several colors, you see, that colored my world on this Friday. I'll take you on a tour. Come on. We better hurry. It's almost tomorrow. 



Aren't you jealous of these lovely colors? Don't you particularly enjoy the red sauce that nestled my meatballs in the blue crockpot? What about those green houseplants on the white windowsill? They've been alive for as long as tan Camden. Really. And check out the yellowish hue outside the window. That's sunshine yellow. My favorite color is yellow. Did you know that?



Bet you may have these colors in your house. This is a pirate/knight explosion. Play Mobil makes rich plastic colors. Better than Fisher Price, I think.




Now this is possibly my favorite picture of color today. Check out the contrast between the orange shirt (that, yes, I did wear to ice cream last night; it wasn't dirty; I'm only a yellow belt; I don't get sweaty gross at sparring club) and the black air-soft automatic rifle. That's a gun, for those of you who aren't familiar with weapons of mass destruction. I am a decent shot with this rifle. Which is handy to know cause I plan to join the CIA or the FBI or the SPAR one day to help save the world. I shot two aluminum cans off a stump with this machine, which I feel compelled to name Rolf, thanks to Princess. So, anyhow, we went to the Kuhns tonight to their little beach party. The beach, you see, is really a beach. But it's at a creek. Or a crick. Depending on where you are from. Or how your neck's feeling. So we went down to the beach, a walk through muddy ATV tracks and around wooded spaces and through green grasses, wildflowers, and tall weeds, arriving at a cleared-out space dotted with an actual cabin, camp fire, bathroom, shower, garden, and shooting range of sorts. This beach paradise was built by friends and 13-year-olds Austin and Brandon. They go to my school, and they are really the coolest middle schoolers on the planet. They make me so not afraid of real middle schoolers.  It's amazing. Really, their beach place. And, plus, I drove an ATV tonight. It had mudflaps, thankfully. I don't like the idea of getting mud between my toes. Eeeuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwww.




And this leads me to the final picture of color for today. The campfire. I'm a bit nervous that Benjy is a firebug. He loves fire. He loves to capture it on sticks, watch it burn, put it out, and do it again. He would rather burn sticks than swim in the creek. (Which he calls a crick now that we live up here with all these yankee people.) But the fire was glowing a pretty orange tonight, smelling of camping and smores and lazy nights. Funny how you can smell some colors, huh?

6 comments:

  1. Way to slip your post in under the 12:00 posting deadline! I was thinking you might have bailed on us :( Love the pics and, I agree, airsoft guns are a blast (haha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever happened to that dainty, had to have the trendiest styles, wore real high heels to school, was voted best dressed in her class? Oh, where,oh where did she go? Oh, forgot the big hair and all the jewelry! Never thought I'd see my daughter with a gun in her hand, tramping about in mud!! Not my Wendi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, your mom brought it up, so now we need to see those pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, big hair pictures are now a must. That could be your post for today's word/phrase "Did you see THAT!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I'm on it...big hair and buck teeth coming up today! Of course, to follow the rules I'll have to take a picture of the pictures....... I could do some photoshop wizardry.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I think we ALL have a little big hair in our closets, Ladies!

    We are children of the 80s after all!

    And yes...I agree that some colors have a smell.

    ReplyDelete