Saturday, September 03, 2005

Working Mother


I'm a working mother now. And I'm PSYCHED! I got a job at the local KinderCare as a preschool program specialist. It's a true case of being in the right place at the right time. I had taken the boys to a tour of the center, figuring they could stay there while I subbed in the area schools. Well, I happened to ask if they had any openings, and THEY DID! I applied the same day, went through two interviews, and now I'm a working mama.

I've missed work since I quit teaching to stay home with the boys after Benjamin was born in 2003. I don't miss the public school grind of No Child Left Behind (No Child Gets Ahead in my book). But I did miss working in education. This is the perfect job - 30 hours a week, in a preschool/kindergarten setting, and in the same building as Benjamin! This job will give me opportunity for growth, a place in education, still some time at home with my babes, and MONEY for a change. :) Ahhhhhh, back to the working world.

No comments:

Post a Comment