In case you wondered, here's what I did today:
* Camden wakes me up at 6:45 a.m. Why? Beats me. I send him downstairs to watch TV, the ultimate babysitter.
* Benjamin succeeds in getting me up as he's hollering for Camden at 7:30 a.m. (They slept in Camden's room last night, so Benjy expects big bro to be there for him this a.m.)
* I fix breakfast for the boys and brew my coffee, take my coffee upstairs to get cleaned up, and turn on the Today show. Love that Katie C.
* 8:26 - get Camden on the bus. He LOVES riding the bus.
* 9:00 - Benjy watches Dora while I read the paper, clean the house, and fix my lunch for work.
* 9:30 - get Benjy ready for KinderCare and hit the road.
*10:00 - time for KinderCare pictures - I try to get Benjy to smile. No-can-do. He sits and looks very solemnly at the camera. Little stinker. So much for his first KinderCare picture.
* Work until 6 p.m. Not a long day, though. Full of testing kids for kindergarten learning inventories, watching classes for teachers, doing van runs, and helping greet parents. Still, I'm pooped. And yet........
* 6:00 - Home for a super quick dinner then on to........
* 6:30 - Kindergarten Open House, with Benjy in tow. Well, this involved me walking him up and down the halls of Maxwell while Curt listened to the teacher's spiel. Then he did his turn with Benjy while I listened. We were the only parents who brought a noisy sibling, and the only parents who had to leave mid-way to keep the noisy sibling quiet. Geeeze.
* 8:00 - HOME to stay! Baths for the boys, stories, and BEDTIME!!!!!! (I managed to squeeze my own bath into this time, thanks to Curt.)
* 8:20 - I taught the boys a new rhyme:
Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate.
First one says, "Oh my it's getting late.,"
Second one says, "There are witches in the air."
Third one says, "But we don't care."
Fourth one says, "Let's run and run and run."
Fifth one says, "It's Halloween fun!"
Then wooooooo went the wind and out went the lights
and the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.
* 8:45 - both boys are in bed, and Mom and Dad are ready to relax.
* 8:47 - Camden "has to ask Mommy a question." Neither Curt nor I can recall what he wanted. We shoooo him back to bed.
* 8:50 - sittin' on the couch, drinking my skim milk in a frosty mug, and emailing Jodie back on my iBook.
Life is good. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment