Saturday, September 03, 2005

Inspiring blogs and randomness

OK, after surfing among some other wonderful scrapbooking-mom blogs, I've been inspired to take up a challenge and post 5 random things about me today. Here goes:
1) I sprayed Sun In on my hair this a.m. in hopes that it will look like real highlights.
2) I took an hour-long nap today and it felt GREAT, even if my contacts were sticking to my eyeballs when I woke up.
3) I tried on a size 8 capri pants today at Target, and they were a bit snug across the butt. So I tried on a size 10 and they were just right, except they were too big in the waist. Oh well, I can always wear a belt. The sacrifices we make for comfort.
4) I am not good at painting. In fact, I hate to paint. But dh is an excellent painter, and I had the pleasure of sitting back and watching him paint our dining room and kitchen today while I just, well, sat there. By the way, the kitchen is La Fonda olive, and the dining room is Universal Umber (translation - brown). Gorgeous. I could lick the walls!
5) I can't quit watching the news. Right now Larry King is in the midst of a three-hour special on how we can help the hurricane Katrina victims in the south. So sad, so much despair. And yet this makes me feel hopeful that we can rebuild and give these people their community back. God bless them all and grant them peace, security, comfort, and hope.
That's my 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment