Thursday, September 22, 2005

Today is the first day of fall


Although the temps were in the mid- to upper 80s today, this is the first day of fall. I could nearly call autumn my favorite season, but I love snow so much, that it'll just have to take a close second. Here are the things I love about fall.

* chili in a crock pot, the smell as it cooks all day long plus Curt's cornbread


* college football games - go Hokies!


* the crunch of fall leaves as you walk

* seeing the boys jump into the piles of fall leaves

* the smell of wood stoves in the air, the scent of the first heat of the season

* the first freeze - die, ragweed, die!


* shorter days, longer nights

* fall TV premiers


* fall festivals

* the beautiful colors in the leaves

* Halloween!


* school's in full swing (much better now that I'm not teaching)

* winter's on the way!

1 comment:

  1. We do share this love, don't we? I looked in the mirror the other day, and I think you do look like your Mom! We're more alike than we know, I think. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete