Oh, I am sure they saw more. I called Curt on his cell and there was a huge band passing by, judging by the booming of the drums and the blare of the trumpets. And the pair were gone for an hour so they must have seen more. But this is the single solitary picture of their day at the big parade. A wonderful experience full of sights and sounds for them. A disappointing picture that doesn't seem to capture the true spirit of the parade for me and the B. So, I'm left to guess what the parade was all about. The guilt at not getting Benjamin there led me to buy him this awesome Tonka Chunky truck set.

Isn't that just too cute? He played with it all evening, pushing the trucks around on the road map that came with it. Making those fun little truck sounds...blblblblblblblbl.
I took Camden to Target today to see the Halloween decorations. Of course, I bought him a costume. Twenty bucks for a Darth Vader costume. Cheaper than the fifty that was in the Lillian Vernon catalog and elsewhere. (Where did those boxed costumes with the cheap plastic masks go to???) He couldn't wait to get home to try it on. It's a mile too long, so I'm gonna have to try to sew it up tomorrow. But he doesn't mind. The face mask is priceless. He's actually a bit scary with the whole get-up on. I'll save that pic for Halloween! But you should hear his Darth Vader voice : "Luke, you do not know the power of the DARK SIDE." Ohhhhh, it give me the creeps. Here he is right after we finished watching "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi" tonight.
That would be his light saber he's holding. He bought it with his own allowance money for $7.99 today. So proud was he. :) I like to call him my "little Ewok." He prefers I call him Lord Vader. I compromise with "Darth Vader".And then there's my little Benjamin. This guy has had an off week. I'm sure the transition to daycare has really thrown him, but I'm comforted that he does play, learn, and laugh while I'm working. I know this because I spy on him, and his teacher tells me. I do feel a bit of guilt as I embark on this new career at KinderCare. But I'm truly happier now - I'm helping other teachers, helping kids, challenging myself. And Benjy is socializing in a way he has never before. He really needed that. I LOVED being a SAHM, but the time had come for both of us to step out a bit. This job is not quite full time, so I can be home with him still, but it is enough to push me and him out of our comfort zones. We need that. Here's the darling after a big day with no parade but a day full of play, and evening at the park, and a night of Dora the Explorer.
That's my baby.Finally, there's Curt, the one who took one single solitary picture of the big parade. Nevertheless, I love him. He is my soulmate. He is the glue that holds us together. He knows what I need before I do and he knows what the boys need before they do. Curt is quite simply the best.
Nevermind those long toes that could curl around a tree branch. I'm afraid Camden's gonna take after him. :)
Nothing sweeter than a babe sleeping! Give hughs and kisses to Lord Vader and him, and tell long toes he missed his calling! He should be in the rain forest swinging from trees!! Much love, Mom
ReplyDelete