Friday, December 30, 2011

Hi, y'all. Sophie here. 

I've knocked Grandmom out and taken over her MacBook Pro. Thankful I am that she's not a PC. Cause I don't know beans about that. 

Yes, she's really my grandmom. The kids at school are my actual parents. They love me and play with me and long for me all day and night, and that random lady is just my grandmom. 

She's cool, though. 


So, here's the deal while I'm living at Casa de Grandma during the Christmas break. 

I sleep all day. These people are so boring. They go to the grocery store or Target, whatever that is, or they just hang out taking stuff off the walls. The other day they toted an entire fir tree out of the house! It was a whole entire tree!!!


There were these amazing beacons of light on that tree. Blue. Green. Red. Orange. White. Lights that made you stare into the cosmos. Oh, the pretty colors. 

And these humans dismantled them! I saw Grandmom wrap the pretty orbs of light around her hand and elbow and box them up. She has to be magical! At least she had some nice clear boxes to store them in. She told me all about the $4.50 a piece price. Proud, she was.


But during the night? Not a sound! These humans are on the wrong track. They are silent at night, loud at day. I'm trying to sleep, all curled up in my bedding when I hear awful racket.

It sounds like gunfire!

It sounds like fire alarms!

It sounds like wild banshees chasing prey from their young!

I've learned that these are human sounds.

They do it during the hours of sunlight.


There are two small humans here. One is called Camden. He is loud. 
Very loud. 
Unless he's holding a device called a Nook.
Then he's quiet as a hamster. hehehe
He likes to hang out in his own space, but the grandmas and pas make him come out periodically and hang out with us riffraff.

The other boy is called Benjy, but he has taken to the name Ben of late. He makes a lot of noise, too. But he has more quiet times than the other boy. Ben likes to snuggle, it seems. He twists his body into a blanket like a burrito (yes, I am familiar with burritos) and hangs there for, like, ever. 

Cool kid.


These human youth have it made. 
I'd love to be the Loud Boy for just a day. To yell and smile and giggle and guffaw for a minute! Wow. And all I have is a spinning wheel.


Well, at least I get to spin around in purple ball for a bit.

They have to wake up tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment