Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Can I just tell you how much I love my friends???

LL baked me a cake. A REAL cake with her super top secret real icing on top. See the cake here. It's a beautiful, magical thing. Top that off with lasagna - not the kind I make, or would make if I were to make it, but REAL lasagna with noodles, sauce, cheese and lots more cheese. I might just use a jar of sauce, a handful of noodles, and the wrong kinds of cheese. Bam. I'm a regular Julia Child. We went to the home of LL and NGM Sunday afternoon and had so much fun. I'm sure you probably heard my kids if you were listening every so carefully. 

And the Princess helped sing the wonderful happy birthday tune to me at TKD last night. I have to admit, I was reveling in the attention. I love birthdays like a 5 year old. Princess also gave me a ginormous mug for my coffee filled to the brim with......peppermint patties!!! Have you EVER in your lifelong days had a pattie kept cold straight from your freezer?! You have to experience this. 

There were other highlights to my birthday, but probably the best was the surprise that Camden and Benjy had planned for me last Thursday. All week they had been planning this top secret mission to surprise me while Mamaw was in town. So that afternoon they sneaked out, bought a bunch of party decorations with their very own money, and wrapped my surprises for me in birthday crepe paper. When I finally got home that day at 5 p.m., they shouted "SURPRISE!!!!!" Or, in Benjy's language, "Ca-pwise!!!!!" Oh, I was. :) Benjy had me unwrap his gift first - a package of orange and black tea lights. He had been planning to buy me candles all week long. :) Camden's perfect gift was a set of bags to put the fall leaves in. When set in the yard just right, they form a giant spider. We may need to borrow a few leaves to complete this fun little project. I love my boys. They're so special sweet. 



And a humongous thanks to Joel, aka Mamaw. She spent the week here ferrying the boys to school, harvesting from Eaglescout's garden, mowing, doing laundry (and can this lady fold undies!), and just being company for me and the boys. I know we loved her visit and she's welcome any time. Even if she doesn't do the laundry. :)  Thanks, Joel. We miss you.


6 comments:

  1. You are blessed my child with good, good friends and a super Mom-in-law! I am so glad to know you're so well loved and cared for when Mom is so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed the cake and lasagna. My mom would be so proud.

    I see you neglected to mention the cute undies I gave you. HAHAHA!!!

    That's ok, cause I neglected to mention the Smirnoff Ice that Princess and BS gave me AND the beautiful candle scenty thingie you gave me...which is SOOooooo autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, not to forget the awesome card with Curt's sound in it. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friends sound AWESOME! :)

    I think I need to hear more about the "cute undies" from Leslie! This sounds like it could be too good of a story to let it slide by....

    I love that the boys picked out presents themselves for you with their own money. How preciously sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the undies??? one word.

    COUGAR ;)


    RAWR! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so sorry that I suck, but a belated Happy Birthday. It sounds like you had a good one. I'm glad two of your bloggy friends remembered your day!

    ReplyDelete