Monday, October 06, 2008

What in the world will I blog about tonight.
Hmmmmmm................























He's home!!!!!
The Eagle has landed, again!
Eaglescout surprised us all at school today, appearing in my classroom, making some cute (or was it snide???) comment as I was tidying up before the kids left. He had quite a profound effect on them. They were silent. SILENT. No humming. No singing. Nothing. Zip. Nada. Silent! I think I'll hire him to come back! 

I flung my arms around his neck and just hugged him. And he hugged me back like he was afraid to let go. I missed the Eaglescout. :)

When Camden saw his dad in my room, after his class blurted out, "Camden, YOUR DAD'S IN YOUR MOM'S ROOOOOOOOOOM!", he did a U turn into my classroom, zoomed and jumped into his dad's arms, and cried. Boohooed the happiest sobs I've ever heard. Man, but that boy missed his dad. Benjy's reaction was a similar. As similar as a gentle shower is to a horrendous hurricane. Benjy just snuggled into his daddy's embrace and sat on his lap, refusing to get off for even a second until it was time to leave. The boys truly love their pop. Yep, Papa Bear is home. And Mama Bear is happier than a june bug. :)


10 comments:

  1. The love I felt was overwhelming and joyous! To be so appreciated and loved so fully is a blessing and one that brings tears to my eyes. My bride and my boys are my life and seeing their joy spring to their eyes and lift their arms to my neck are gifts from God - to be cherished beyond all things material.

    OK - and it felt good to be back too!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No - I am not drunk. Even though SB thinks otherwise......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a challenge - A Jimmy Challenge. Here's my topic - sans Jimmy - What things when you are away for while do you notice or miss the most?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, also, felt an overwhelming urge to jump into Eaglescout's arms and welcome him home!!! :) Seriously though, it's good to have you back! We've missed your smiling face and your wit. I know how much your family missed you - and I'm glad you know how much you were missed by them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grammer not my strong point. Forgive Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you tell Jimmy is back?
    The grammar??
    Seriously!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jimmy needs his own flippin' blog.

    If I could limit his posts on MY blog, MY humble perfectly happy little space of a blog, I'd do it in a heartbeat!!!

    Welcome home, Jimmy.

    Now get your own Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jimmy like to share. Why don't you like to share? Is something wrong? Jimmy hoped to have people talk and discuss on SB blog.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's back.....................!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You two just took me from tears to laughter in 9 comments. ♥

    ES, I'm never away from my family. But, I know what I miss from my childhood home. I miss the rooms in the house I grew up in. I miss the ceiling in the livingroom that had a circular pattern. I miss sled riding in our yard. I miss the smell of my mom's cooking and the "tic tic tic" of the heater when it was coming on in the winter. I miss the family gatherings where it seemed so hectic and the house was bursting with people. I miss it all really.

    ReplyDelete