Tuesday, October 14, 2008



Ah, back from Deep Creek, refreshed and caught up on sleep. Only to wake up today at 5:30 and start all over again. Sigh.

Dad's biopsy was yesterday, and it's sucky. His cancer is back, and the dr. is recommending surgery to remove his larynx. There. I said it. Seems like it's just easier to face it straight on, though in fact it's not easy no matter how you turn it. I cannot even imagine the mix of emotions he's feeling right now. I just pray that he will rely on God to give him strength, courage, and peace to endure what he has ahead. We NEED you, Dad. Please don't give up the fight.

Mom's the strongest woman I know. So brave, I think, for putting one foot in front of the other each and every morning after the horrible year they have been through. She was preparing for this moment a year ago, preparing for a stretch of taking care of Dad as he faced chemo and radiation for this cancer. And then they rejoiced when it was CURED. Thanks be to God. And then Michelle died. And they buried their baby daughter. And we moved in slow motion through that. We're still stumbling along. And now. This. I don't question God. His plan is perfect. His plan is best. I don't have a clue what it is. I'm in the dark here. But I just trust that it will all work out for his glory and our best. Not an easy task, but easy was no guarantee....

I love you, Mom. And you, too, Dad. I haven't stopped praying, and I won't.




On that note, I saw scripture on Kimba's blog in her Sunday Morning post. The timing was perfect. As usual.

Humble yourselves, therefore,
under God’s mighty hand,
that he may lift you up in due time.
Cast all your anxiety on him
because he cares for you.
(1 Peter 5:6-7)


Are you, my dear bloggy friends, looking for an easy post? Here's one that requires only ONE WORD for your answers. 

Where is your cell phone? van
Where is your significant other? home
Your hair color? brown
Your mother? Barbara
Your father? Terry
Your favorite thing? family
Your dream last night? dancing
Your dream/goal? heaven
The room you’re in? den
Your hobby? crafting
Your fear? terrorism
Where do you want to be in 6 years? home
Where were you last night? bed
What you’re not? taekwondo
One of your wish-list items? peace
Where you grew up? Virginia
The last thing you did? email
What are you wearing? pajamas
Your TV? CNN
Your pet? Emmalemmalimabean
Your computer? Apple
Your mood? somber
Missing someone? parents
Your car? Windstar
Something you’re not wearing but that you love to wear? slippers
Favorite store? Goodwill
Your summer? free
Love someone? yes
Your favorite color? yellow
When is the last time you laughed? today
Last time you cried? today


6 comments:

  1. OK, since I don't have a post - here's my info......

    Where is your cell phone? counter
    Where is your significant other? bed
    Your hair color? brown
    Your mother? Joel
    Your father? Bob
    Your favorite thing? Family
    Your dream last night? Don't remember - I was asleep.
    Your dream/goal? Heaven
    The room you’re in? den
    Your hobby? taekwondo
    Your fear? losing family
    Where do you want to be in 6 years? retired
    Where were you last night? Home
    What you’re not? Don't understand the ?
    One of your wish-list items? Own a farm
    Where you grew up? Roanoke, VA
    The last thing you did? Drink coffee
    What are you wearing? Sweats
    Your TV? News - any channel
    Your pet? Emma
    Your computer? Apple
    Your mood? Hopeful
    Missing someone? Nope - I'm home.
    Your car? Malibu
    Something you’re not wearing but that you love to wear? TKD uniform
    Favorite store? Giant Eagle
    Your summer? Hot
    Love someone? Yup
    Your favorite color? Dark green/earth tones
    When is the last time you laughed? Yesterday
    Last time you cried? Last week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! We're going away for the weekend (to Lake Chautauqua in New York) on Friday and I think the trees will be gorgeous there too. I know I need a mini vacation, but as you said, Monday will come all too quickly.

    I am sorry to hear about your dad. I hope all goes well with his treatment.

    On a completely different note, did you still want to do a Pampered Chef party? I feel like I never see you any more to even talk about it. Just let me know and I'll give you a call to set a date (if you want to.) If not, that's okay too. Especially since we have our first game night coming up! I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet things you say, you're so loved and cherished honey. Most of the time I don't feel strong or brave, just don't seem to have any other choice. Thank you, my sweet daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe Wendi. Huge hugs for you and your family. I'm sorry. Jeeze that just sucks.

    Don't give up hope. You just never know...

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that first photo. gorgeous colors.

    so sorry to hear about your dad. my gma had to have her voice box removed and then lived to the ripe old age of 99.

    ReplyDelete