Tuesday, September 16, 2008


Now that I have this new-fangled camera that can practically take pictures of itself, Benjy has discovered my old and inferior camera. Go ahead, I told him; shoot. Nooooo, not shoot like shoot. I mean shoot like take some pictures. 

The kid's got something going on with his eye. Of his 121 pictures, these were too good to delete. I think my baby has a little gift going on behind the lens.




Last night we delivered a little surprise to Big Sexy for his birthday and enjoyed some cake frosting and ice cream with the Princess and her fun family. Camden and Benjy thought they'd hit the lottery with the Star Wars toys and Legos in Cam and Ryan's rooms. And I had a bit of a break from talking in kid-speak all night. Thanks for having us, Princess. 

And for those of you worrying your little heads off about Eaglescout, here's an update. I asked him to send me pictures of all the devastation that surrounded him. This is what he sent.













That's his vanity at his swanky dank ding dang hotel in San Antonio. On the River Walk. Across from the Alamo. Still feeling sorry for Order of the Arrow Boy?

Well, I do feel a bit of pity for him today now that he's in Houston and must be in his happy hotel by 9 p.m. or risk being arrested for breaking curfew. That'd look pretty bad for an Eagle Scout. And he's been put in charge of the storm center there, so I suppose there's a chance that he's really working hard now. I'd be really concerned if he had nothing to do but stand around and look at his vanity and all those pretty bottles of free shampoo. I hope he brings me some shampoo when he comes home.

And finally, in keeping with the theme of this post, which is themeless, in case you were wondering, I leave you with these shots of my almost-broken ankle.

This injury is from taekwondo but bears no name. Unless I should call it The Box. Yes, I was pretending that I was 12 like Tony in class tonight, and I was trying to keep up with the guys jumping around and being tough, and I pounded my ankle into the mat. I think I left a dent. I know I heard a crack. But I think it was more like a pop. At any rate, it hurts like mad, but I can walk on it. Sort of.  I'm tough like that. Real tough. As you all know.

2 comments:

  1. my ankle looked like that a few years ago. I landed weird during sparring, it cracked, and I fell. I finished class but was very uncomfortable. The swelling lasted for about two weeks. It's alright now though. Hope it's not too bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Benjy's pictures. Dave takes pictures of the sights up his nose too - I guess there's no difference between giving a 5 year old a camera and giving a 37 year old a camera!

    We were glad you guys could make it over the other night. You are welcome whenever :)

    ReplyDelete