Thursday, September 18, 2008


It's not really so much broken.
It's more like a slight chip. A miniature fracture. 

Come on now, that's not a break.
If you had a broken piece of china, you'd toss it, right?
But if it's just a tiny bit chipped, well, you'd use it. 
You may not serve it to your Aunt Mabel, but you'd use it just the same.
So, it's chipped.
And dang-it, it hurts like mad.
I'm told to baby it for at least a week, ice it, elevate it, put my super cool air cast on it that makes me feel like a storm trooper, and behave. That means no taekwondo. No demo practice. But, daggonit, I will be better by Sept. 27. Yes, indeedly-doo, I will. 
Or I'm not a camo belt.
Right?????

4 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm sorry. I just called to check on you, but I'm guessing it's possible that you're all high on pain meds and went to bed when you put the kids down. I hope your ankle stops hurting... If you need anything at all, give me a call.

    Oh, Dave said he'd come over and rub your foot if it would help :) He's so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Are you and Cha Cha boy going to be in recovery together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry, sweetie. Wish I could fix it like when y'all were small and all it took was a kiss to heal boo boos. Please take care of this, NO WEIGHT BEARING, NO WEIGHT BEARING, NO WEIGHT BEARING. Did I get my point across? You have great friends, lean on them, no pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the chipped bone. Probably hurts real bad. Remember, this is just a minor set back!

    ReplyDelete