Monday, May 01, 2006

The fort and a day at home



I woke up this morning with Benjy climbing on the bed with two tiny cars and a play set where the cars could gas up. "Play cars," he said. Well, not quite so clearly. More like, "pay ta". But I knew what he meant. :) I woke up, played cars, gassed up my blue car while he crashed into it with his red and white car, and I crashed his car back. Because that's how you play cars, you know.

What a wonderful beginning to my new life as a stay at home mom - again. I didn't realize how much I'd missed this. This relaxed feeling, nothing but time with Benjy and my creativity which is at its peak in the morning hours. Yes, I'll miss it when (speaking positively here) I find a teaching job, but for now, I know what I'm missing when I'm not here, so I'll treasure each moment of this spring and summer.

I spent the rest of my day driving Camden to school, cReAtInG, making train tracks, going for a fast walk, cooking dinner (yes, I said that), playing outside and talking to the neighbors, and finally relaxing while the kids are asleep. Home is truly the best place to be. :)

Here are my latest digi layouts for Rhonna's challenge. Ohhhh, I almost forgot, I got my PRIZE today from winning Rhonna's contest! She sent me the Autumn Leaves Freestyle book (GORGEOUS, DROOL-WORTHY!) and even a set of her acrylic stamps - just as drool-worthy! I used them tonight on some thank you cards for Camden to take to school tomorrow for Staff Appreciation Week. I'll use the stamps again tomorrow to send her a thank you note for this fabulous prize. - thanks Rhonna!!!

Drat Drat Drat Drat Drat! I just realized I did my Challenge layouts in the wrong size. Rats! I meant to do them in 8x8s, but, curses, I didn't! UUUGGGHHHHHHHHH! Oh well, I'll just have to make more!

1 comment:

  1. I really hope you enjoy this time at home with the boys, it passes so quickly. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete