


Working hard on creating a new habit - the habit of doing some form of journaling each day - either through my blog, a digital layout, my Bible journal, or my own journal. Here's to catching up - for I've already fallen behind in the second week!
Sad morning - (happy ending). Curt woke me at 7:30 a.m. asking me to help him with Ellie. I came downstairs to see her lying splayed out on her tummy, not moving amidst a stream of urine and feces. Bless her heart. She couldn't get up. She was looking at Curt with pitiful brown, cloudy eyes. We called the emergency vet, who told us they were open 24 hours a day and how to get there. And that they would help us, and if it was "the end" then they could help us then, too. I was scared, convinced that it was "the end". We had to carry her cradled in the foryer rug to the van where we loaded her into the back. Curt drove her to the vet while I got the boys ready for church. He says Ellie didn't move the entire 30 minute drive to emergency animal hospital. It was an hour and a half later, after I had dropped the boys off at Sunday School and just before I stepped into the church, that I learned that Ellie was OK. Thank the Lord! She was OK. I bathed her this afternoon, brushed her, and laid out a heated blanket for her to lie on. She's there now, comfy and sound asleep. I can see her belly gently rising and falling with her slow breathing. (Yes, I check for this when she's asleep, have for months now.) She is resting, probably dreaming of days when she used to chase squirrels and the one time when she actually caught one. :)
Give her love from Nanna and remind her of the trip we took to Richmond when she and Dylan shared the back seat. They were such sweet friends. This is such a difficult time, just love her and talk to her. She knows everything you say to her, even though she doesn't hear through those pretty ears, she knows. Love ya, Mom
ReplyDelete