Friday, May 12, 2006

A Day in the Life of Me

somewhere around 6 am: I hear Curt weighing himself in the bathroom and drift back to sleep where I dream about having to get out of bed to let the dog out.

7:30: Benjy comes to my room, pops his head up by mine and shouts, "Prise!!!"

8:00: Camden is dressed, Benjy is even dressed, and both boys have breakfast. I make coffee.

8:26: Camden catches the bus and I take my coffee upstairs to get cleaned up.

9:00: Benjy jumps in my lap as I read my Bible. We play and play and play. Silly goose. :)

10:00: Kitchen is spotless. :) Rest of the house is not. :( Laundry is moving. :) Benjy has pooped. :(

11:30: Benjy and I decide we need to eat at TGIFridays. I eat the best pasta and Benjy licks chicken fingers dipped in a blend of ketchup and mustard - his own recipe.

12:15: Off to Target!!! Mother's Day is in the bag!

2:00: Home where I lay Benjy down for a nap.

2:10: Benjy's up from said nap.

3:00: Curt comes home early to mow the grass. Benjy goes outside to play in the sandbox while Dad works in the yard. I type up the church service for the PowerPoint projection for Sunday.

3:45: Camden's home! I close my eyes while he hides two surprises for me under his bed.

4:00: Camden can't take it anymore.... He gives me my Mother's Day gifts two days early. :) A beautiful flower in a pot he decorated himself and a caricature of my one-and-only Punkin Head!

4:30: Curt takes Camden to karate. Benjy and I go to the post office.

5:30: Benjy and I come home and he's sound asleep. So I sit in the recliner, tilt it back, and hold my sleeping "baby" for the next hour. Pure bliss.

6:00: Curt heads to his karate class. Camden's on the computer. Soooo quiet.

6:45: Dinner arrives - Pizza Sienna - yummy baked ziti, bread sticks, and cheese pizza for the boys.

7:30: We find Blake and Bussy playing outside so we join them. I chat with their mom, Hope, as she plants bulbs. Hmmm, perhaps I should plant something, I think. Hmmmm, perhaps later. The boys jump on a neighbor's trampoline, play war with light sabers, and ride tricycles, the kid Jeep, the Flying Turtle, and roller blades. I'm worn out just watching.

8:15: I finally convice my boys to come home. Curt bathes them. I bathe myself. We all meet downstairs in our jammies where it's decided that we'll watch Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. No surprise there.

9:00: Bedtime for the boys. They do their standard two minutes of complaining, whining, faking asleep, then reluctantly trudge upstairs. They say their prayers and go to bed.

9:46: I'm blogging. Curt's watching Lord of the Rings. And it's very, very, very quiet upstairs. I think the whole house is worn out. I know I am. :)

1 comment:

  1. I like your day, especially the part where you eat out for both lunch and dinner. ;)

    ReplyDelete