Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Day 16 - more courage


My take on courage today, inspired by my Bible reading this morning.

Let's see, Benjy did such a fabulous job in speech today that I took him to the Olive Garden for lunch. We had a minifight with our breadsticks, wielding them as light sabers. And we played stop-the-choo-choo-with-a-fork while we waited for our food. But the best part, I think, is that he actually ATE something besides bread! He dipped his chicken in ketchup and actually ate it! Chewed-it-up-and-swallowed-it ate it! There's hope, I see. Finally.

This evening Camden was invited to eat dinner with his friends next door. So cute, I know he must have been trippin' out with delight to be having supper with his friends. And he stayed over there till I came to get him at 7:00. Then it took him near forever to make it home. It didn't help that Benjy was with me and he disappeared to play with the kids. We finally made it back to our house at 7:25. I'm worn out.

Things I'm loving right now:
~ Being home with the Benj. So sweet to watch him play, listen to his words spilling out of that cute little mouth. Even if I don't understand some of them. :)
~ Hearing Camden READ. What an amazing thing to hear him sound out words and make meaning of them.
~ Devouring my new Simple Scrapbooks Digital 5 magazine.
~ Reading The Schools Our Children Deserve by Alfie Kohn. So timely, research-driven, and just darn sensible. This is the explanation for what I've always known - the Standards Movement is hurting our kids and our schools. This books explains how. Check it out here.
~ Still munching on Benjy's Star Wars birthday cake. Too bad we're out of ice cream.
~ HBO's new series Big Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment