In the world of sports:
Today I punched Mr. Dreskler in the face while point sparring.
Yes, I know that's illegal.
And, yes, I had my helmet on right.
In other news:
Here's a conversation I overheard between Camden and Benjy last week. Both were tucked in bed, Benjy choosing to sleep on a cot in Camden's room. He said he missed his big brother who didn't go to school that day since he'd been sick.
Benjy: Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep. May angels watch me through the night and keep me in their blessed sight. Dear Lord, please bless Mommy and Daddy and Camden and me and Emma. A-men.
Camden: Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep. May angels watch me through the night and wake me in the morning light. Dear God, I want to ask you to bless Mom, Dad, Benjy, and me, and Emma.
Benjy: Camden, Carly was holding your work for you today for me to give to you. It was Carly.
Camden: OKAAAAAAAAAAY.
Benjy: Do you think Carly likes you?
Camden: No. She doesn't like me like that.
Benjy: Yeah, girls are stupid.
Camden: Yeah, girls are stupid.
Benjy: Except grown-up mommies. Grown-up mommies are not stupid.
Camden: Yeah, mommies aren't stupid.
Gee, thanks guys. This grown-up mommy sure loves you two.
See what I have to put up with? Jeez. At least she feels remorseful when she hit him. I don't even get that!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should have worn Jimmy's helmet. Or maybe Jim should have worn Jimmy's helmet.
ReplyDelete