Thursday, February 12, 2009


So I'm feeling the need to blog, but I have absolutely nothing to offer up. Except for a sinus infection which is better left undescribed. So, after searching around the web, I came up with this. It's sort of like a journal entry where I get to fill in the blanks. And I get to do it every week. That means I don't have to think for at least one blog every seven days. Not that I blog every day, but of course, who's counting?

This comes from The Simple Woman's Daybook. She describes it this way: are you content to linger on the simple things of life...then join me in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those of us who are focusing on simplicity...the beauty of the everyday moments around us. That is my vision for this idea!

OK, here goes: 

Outside my window...
It's dark, as it's night time. The winds are calm compared to last night. 

I am thinking...
about Burn Notice starting in 7 minutes.

I am thankful for...
my family.

From the kitchen...
Valentine cookies dipped in white chocolate and covered with red and white and pink sprinkles are cooling. The boys will take these to their classmates with their Hoops and YoYo Valentines tomorrow.

I am wearing...
pajamas. No surprise there.

I am creating...
a blog entry.

I am going...
to watch Burn Notice tonight.

I am hearing...
30 Rock while I wait for Burn Notice to come on.

I am hoping...
that my dear friend finds peace soon. And that she knows how much we love her and her boys and that we know that while life sucks now, it won't always. She will survive. 

Around the house...
the boys are sleeping soundly. Emma is, too. And the carpets are clean.

One of my favorite things...
is eating out. Really.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
...taekwondo Friday and Saturday to make up for missing Wednesday when I was sick. 
...Valentine party at school tomorrow. Did I ever mention that I do not like school parties? I guess it's the change in routine. I don't like them. But I do them anyway. That's what teachers do.
...a special Valentine gift for Eaglescout is on its way here.
...finish reading 2nd Samuel and the latest thriller I Eaglescout gave me.
...weigh in at Weight Watchers. I missed last week, so I'm wondering how I'm doing. I've also neglected to track anything for the past two days. Woops.
...take my meds and get rid of this sinus infection.


Another picture to share...

I ate this today at TGI Fridays. It's the spinach artichoke dip with tortilla chips. Actually, I inhaled this dish. It was that good. I told you eating out was a fave for me. Eaglescout, the Eaglets, LL and I ate lunch here today on my surprise day off from school. I could get used to this.

2 comments:

  1. I loved having my very own Curt yesterday. He even let me see the "Business Curt". :D Wendi, I gotta say, Benjy's hugs are priceless. He's such a love bug. I can't thank your family enough for yesterday.

    ReplyDelete