Friday, February 27, 2009

Let's play a little game. All you girls who grew up in the 70s playing with Barbies will probably get this.

I'm thinking of a 12-inch doll.
She's a brunette one day
and a blonde the next.
This particular doll gets a groovy tan when she's under a light.
And she came with stickers so you could make little tan marks on her body.
She rocked.

Did you guess....


Yep. It's Suntan Tuesday Taylor.

She was my favorite of all the 12-inch dolls. She was Ideal's answer to Mattel's Barbie. And though she didn't last, she continues to be the icon of my Barbie days.

Don't you just wish you were cool enough to don this get-up?
I had this for my Suntan Tuesday Taylor. And she looked amazing in it!
Just as we would, I'm sure, if we had the (mis)fortune of owning this caftan today.
And just ogle those sunglasses for a bit! She had it going on WAY before Sally Jesse Raphael!

My STT also had this bikini with REAL FOIL trim.
Can YOU say that, ladies?

Here's a shot of the penthouse. Not my penthouse. Mine's long gone. But let me tell you that it came with the most amazing set of accessories. I felt like a real sophisticated chica living in New York City when I played with this high-society apartment.

I haven't felt like such a chica since I was about 10.

And here are the doodle stickers you could put on STT's bod to give her the most amazing sun tatoos. Don't tell me you're not even thinking that you could so do this when the sun comes out in June!

5 comments:

  1. Wow... Playing withd olls. Who would have guessed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously???

    I can honestly say I never played with Barbies. Give me a softball and glove anyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suntan Tuesday Taylor is NOT a barbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) She's from Ideal.

    ReplyDelete