Sunday, February 22, 2009

Here's my Sunday post from the Simple Woman's Daybook.

FOR TODAY, Sunday, Feb. 22...
Outside my window...a fresh coating of snow with double footprints snaking through the backyard where Camden and Benjy enjoyed a few moments of freezing fun this morning.

I am thinking...how much I'm procrastinating on starting my National Boards renewal portfolio.

I am thankful for...a home, my family, my friends, my dog.

From the kitchen...the day's paint projects from me and the kids are drying.

I am wearing...penguin pajamas.

I am creating...a little house that I hated the color of, so I'm renovating it by giving it a happy whimsical touch of yellow, red, and pink.

I am going...to school tomorrow for the last week of February.

I am reading...a great spy novel that Mr. Dreskler gave me. Hopefully I'll finish it this week.

I am hoping...to accomplish ONE of my portfolio papers this week.........

I am hearing...M*A*S*H reruns 'cause, frankly, I just don't get awards shows.

Around the house...Benjy is snoring, Camden is reading, Curt is making a snack, I am blogging, Emma is thinking about Curt making a snack.

One of my favorite things...is Cornerstone on Saturday nights. The praise and worship songs are the best. And Aaron on guitar rocks.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
* Taekwondo on Monday and Friday, perhaps Saturday.
* We start Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University at church this week.
* I have a teacher workshop to go to on Wednesday in Pittsburgh, so I have to get some sub plans ready.
* Church on Saturday night.
* Camden gets to take his splint off his finger - at last.
* Print some pictures out and get crafty. (ie, use up those scrapbook kits piling up in my grandmother's trunk)
* Lunch duty this week at school. Soooo glad recess duty is behind me.
* Track my weight watchers points - gotta keep it up.

Here are a few picture thoughts I am sharing...

Benjy was inspired by Camden's Little House in the Big Woods project. So he took control of the hot glue gun (he's a natural!) and crafted this with odds and ends. He gave it to his teacher. :)

Oh, to be Emma Louise Dawn for a day.

A stray missile.

Camden's project - the Little House, the woods, the barn. ..... He's so crafty.

See Laura's swing on the tree? Those sticks came from his "climbing tree" in the backyard. Every lick of this was hot glued together by my 9 year old architect. :)

1 comment:

  1. Of course your boys are crafty! :D

    Love the creations!

    I'm loving the P&W songs at church too. Caleb & I couldn't get "I'm counting on God" out of our minds tonight so we pretended that we knew all the words and also faked some sign language as well. It was silly and fun. :D

    ReplyDelete