Saturday, March 17, 2007

More "eye spy" today. Lots of it in the van on the way to Wal-Mart.
That place gives me the heebiejeebies. Did I ever tell you how I HATE Wal-Mart?
Camden and Benjy had allowance money to spend this morning, and it was burning holes in their pockets. While Curt did the grocery shopping, I took the boys to the toy section and we searched the shelves and crowded aisles for $5 and $3 items. We had to turn our backs on all things Star Wars, Legos, and the Mega Moon Sand kit. The 88-cent stuff was enticing for about only ten seconds. Then they wisely realized that these would become the Lost Toys that Mom would toss when they were not looking. In the end, Benjy settled for a Sally Porche 911 from the movie Cars. And Camden had decided to go to Target. (Twist my arm.) Then, wonder of wonders, as I was picking up glue sticks from the crayon aisle, Camden spied an American flag behind me. Two of those plus the mount for it like you see in classrooms cost him only four bucks. He sang, "Oh yeah, Oh yeah, Oh yeah" and tossed them into the buggy. He plans to display one of the flags on his fort in the backyard. The other is a bonus. You may be wondering what he did with the remaining dollar. (He certainly didn't SAVE it!) Well, as we were checking out, I took the kids to the "Family Fun Center" - ie "Spend Your Change Here For Cheap And Impossible To Win Toys". There, Camden deposited his crisp one-dollar bill into the change machine, took his four quarters out, then spent two of them trying to catch a stuffed animal and one more trying to win a toy car. He lost both. But, hey, he still has a quarter to keep his pocket warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment