Ah, take me back to Buckeye Country.
I never thought I'd hear myself say that!
We had such a blast in our old Ohio neighborhood last weekend. Good friends. Good game of Apples to Apples. Good pizza and Chick Sips. I got to see Stanya's new store - fabulous! I can't say how much fun it was to be back on the block. The boys jumped out of the van and disappeared for an hour, playing with Drew, Nate, Thomas. It was like we'd never moved away.
Kinda weird seeing our old house across the street without our car in the drive. No right to go sit on the front porch. No familiar yard art in the mulch. (But the little shed Curt bought to put the lawn mower in was still there.) We did hop from house to house a bit, visiting Wanda and PJ and their new baby and Alex. We saw Stan and Dave for a bit before they went out to celebrate her birthday. And we stayed with Jodee and Rob. (Muchas gracias, guys!)
Yes, it was a refreshing visit. One I can't wait to make again.
(I give up on attaching photos. It's not working tonight. But, Jodee, I have an adorable shot of Kalynn. sp??????)
We were so happy to have you! I am so glad you came...when are you moving back!
ReplyDeleteKaelyn! forgot the "e"!
Take care,
Jodee