Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Dear Friends and Family,


My dad loves me the most, I think. He is the one who makes sure my bowls are filled. I have three bowls. One is filled with clean water. Usually. The second is filled with dry food. (uck) And the third is filled with wet food each morning by my favorite person, Dad. I am pretty certain that he isn't giving me the contaminated dog food. At any rate, I'm eating slowly and making sure that my tummy feels settled before venturing another bite. That dad. He's the best person in the world.

I just have to tell you how peaceful it is around here while my people are away. I have the whole house to myself. I sleep. I drink water. I watch the garbage truck on Mondays and the rural mail man each afternoon. I sleep. I sometimes pee on the carpets. The people don't like that. But what's a dog to do? It's not like they're clever enough to put in a doggy door for me. I also listen to Maggie next door. She barks a lot. I don't understand senseless barking. Barking for food, now that is a reasonable thing. But barking just because somebody walks by? Well, that's a waste of precious sleep time.

My people are happy to see me when they come home. I'm usually sleeping, so it's a few minutes before I slink down the stairs to greet them. They like it when I come downstairs. Benjy always hugs me. He's a funny little person. Mom? Well, she always opens the back door after rubbing me on the head. Then she tells me......no, she yells at me - "OUT!" It could be because I am rolling onto my back for a good tummy rub. I don't understand why she won't just rub my belly and let me be. Silly woman.

That Camden is an interesting folk. He hugs me. Hard. He's quite a hugger. I think he loves me. He tells me so. But he hugs hard. He goes about life like that though. So I shouldn't be surprised. Camden seems to dive full force into everything he does. He's a passionate person. Like me about sleeping. Yeah. I have a lot in common with that Camden.

Night night,
Emma

1 comment: