Sunday, December 18, 2005


Today was the Christmas pageant at church. Camden was a sheep. Benjy started out as a mouse, then a sheep, then in the nursery where he was truly happier. Maybe next year he'll stick around for the show. I was so excited for Camden, though. He remebered his last pageant when he was three at Mrs. Griffin's preschool. He was convinced that because he'd been in that then he'd be able to handle his part in this one. "I want to be Jesus," he told me. "Well, Jesus will be a little baby," I said. "Then I want to be an angel. They have boy angels, too." Yes, Camden, they do. He changed his mind by the time he saw the cute sheep costume and decided he was better cut out to baaaaa than look angelic. :)

After the pageant he had to sit with me for an inordinate amount of time for a five year old like Camden. He fussed, wiggled, and grumbled. Eventually he settled down and even cuddled up beside me, convinced that he'd better just get used to it. By the time we returned from Communion and kneeled down to pray, he was asking me if it was ok to talk to God about Star Wars. I told him God is listening. He could talk about anything. Somehow, I think even God must like Star Wars. That Yoda is just too cute.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to hear that conversation, wouldn't you. The faith of a child is the only true faith, huh? Give them both big hugs, and tell our aspiring actor how proud Nana is. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete