




There's a good reason I've been missing since my last post. Curt came home on Friday!!!!! Although he's leaving on Tuesday to go back for more CAT duty, it's been such a wonderful blessing having him home. We just feel so, oh I don't know, COMPLETE with him here. The way our family is meant to be. I am positively dreading Tuesday, but there's nothing he nor I can do about it, so off he will go until Christmas-time, and then he's back. I pray for good.
Check out these pictures of the boys today - all my boys! Camden and Benjy played in the snow (we must have had at least 6 inches the other day plus another inch today). Then they had some snow cream and hot cocoa when they came in. Benjy always wants to bang his cup against ours and say "cheers" when he drinks. Then, later in the day, the boys decided to play Star Wars Play Station and have some popcorn. A definite Kodak moment!


Here's our brand spankin' new Christmas tree - ARTIFICIAL! It's the first artificial tree Curt and I have ever had. We've always loved real trees - their smell, choosing the perfect one, watching the branches fall into exactly the right places. But this year we decided to go artificial for a number of reasons. Fake trees don't need water, which Emma would steal anyway. They may not have that fresh tree scent, but they don't drop their needles either, which means I vacuum one day less than I ordinarily would. :) Fake tress cost less over the long run. We easily paid $50-$70 for a fraser fur EACH year but paid $140 (on sale) for this one. And it'll easily last for many years. So, while I miss the fun of going on the Christmas Tree Hunt and the smell of fresh pine that goes with it, I'm so happy to not have to water the tree two times a day, chase Emma from the water bowl, worry that the boys will somehow trip up the water bowl, and vacuum up the mess the needles make. I love our new tree. :)
Love the pics of them "cheering". Trent used to do that all the time, too. Congrats on having Curt home for a bit. :)
ReplyDeleteWe have a little snow on the ground this am, yea!!! I got the tree up yesterday, and if I say so myself, it's really pretty. Dad had a rough weekend with things at work, otherwise, a quiet weekend. Your tree is gorgeous. Kiss the boys, Love, Mom
ReplyDelete