Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sunday Haiku



This rose so perfect
from my son cute and sweet
brought a smile to me

Benjy gave me this gorgeous rose at his Tea Party at KinderCare last week. So sweet! He didn't participate with the singing and dancing since I was there, but he did enjoy sitting at the table and eating with me and his other friends as well as their moms. The little turkey stole my cookie!

I've been neglectful in blogging this week. With Curt in Florida, I'm just too pooped to care once the kids are in bed. I'm not too pooped to play around at 3 Scrappy Boys, though, where I'm playing Fall Bingo with the girls and chatting about scrapbooking and just about anything else. Shame on me. I should blog first! :)

Curt comes home on Wednesday for Thanksgiving. The boys cannot wait. Yesterday Benjamin heard the garage door going up and he screamed "DADDY!" But it was Camden. He seems to understand that Daddy will be home soon. I know Camden misses him terribly. Camden and Dad are buds, playing Star Wars together, going to Lowe's, and just goofing around. They're both goofy, let me tell you! It will be nice to be all back together for a few days. Then, on Sunday, he'll return to Florida for another couple of weeks. Then back home for a break! Then, back to Fla. before coming home for Christmas. Hopefully that'll end CAT duty this year. I'm sick of hurricanes. And yet, I shouldn't feel so selfish. I am blessed to have a home, family, and everything I need within reach. (Except Curt) Some have absolutely nothing left. So, God, please help me to be more thankful for the blessings I have each day. And please bless those who have lost everything. Give us all the strength to deal with whatever hurdles life throws us. Give our leaders the conviction to do the right things. And give our children the spirit to weather it all. Amen

1 comment:

  1. You have such a beautiful spirit, and that's only a portion of the reasons I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete