Sunday, November 13, 2005

On Starfighters and God


Sunday Haiku

Starfighter - 3 hours
396 bricks
a devoted dad

Curt built this Lego number for Camden the night before he left for CAT duty. He set it up in his room so that Camden would see it when he woke up the next morning. He came bounding into my room at sunrise, grinning ear-to-ear. "Mommy, look what Daddy did!" I asked him what he did when he saw it. "I smiled," he said. The Arc Starfirghter is now a series of several smaller Camden-divined space ships. I knew it wouldn't last, but the thrill he had in seeing it that one (and only!) time, and the imagination he puts into making new models with these 396 bricks, are what counts.

Incidentally, here's a peek at what's going on in Camden's mind tonight:
"Mommy, is God married?"
"Well, maybe the angels are his loves."
"I bet God is sad that I have a headache."
"Did God steal Jesus from Mary and Joseph? Were they mean to him?"
"So God is Jesus' father."
"I want to be God's brother."

No comments:

Post a Comment