This is what happens when your two year old discovers the colored toothpicks. He was supposed to be eating cake, but instead he was creating a masterpiece. Benjamin was so intent on placing the toothpicks in his piece of cake that he entirely forgot to eat it! I love the colors here. Mom even appreciated his work, even though it meant the end of her toothpicks!
We made it back today - leaving at 9:30 and arriving home at 4:30. That includes about an hour of stops. The boys were such good travelers today. They watched movie after movie and fussed very little. The girls were quiet, too, causing us to worry that they were even OK. They were great. :)
I am so glad we went home this weekend. It was just the perfect visit. Grandmomma knew who I was and was so happy to see me. I was happy to see her, too. Her pierced ears are just too much! She had her pearls, and she looked like a queen. :) She was sort of jerky, but she knew who the people were in the pictures I showed her, and she seemed to recall many things about her day. On the second visit, however, she wasn't as aware of her surroundings. She seemed rather out of it, mumbling some incoherent thoughts in between her more thoughtful sayings. She did sing for me, though. "What a friend we have in Jesus," she sang. She sang it so fast I couldn't make out her lyrics, but she seemed pleased with herself. This woman wouldn't have sung out loud for all the money on earth when I was growing up. Maybe this is a blessing, her Alzheimers. She's able to let go and be herself. God does work in mysterious ways.
Well, it's good to be home. Curt goes back to Florida tomorrow. The boys and I are as ready as we can be. We've decorated the inside for Christmas. Tomorrow we'll tackle the outside. I need to get some last-minute Christmas shopping done and help Camden with his Santa letter. I also want to get some more scrapbooking done as well as some ebay pieces. And last but certainly not least, I want us to get to church tomorrow for the first Sunday of Advent.
No comments:
Post a Comment