Monday, November 21, 2005

Monday Misery and a few things to be thankful for


Although I am thankful for so much - especially this week - I am digging myself a hole of misery today and I'm ready to jump in and just wallow for a bit. If I had Barry Manilow on my iPod, I'd listen to him in my mud hole.

I write the songs that make the whole world sing.
I write the songs of love and special things.
I write the songs that make the young girls cry.
I write the songs, I write the songs.

Why the pity party? I got a flu shot today. I wanted it. I begged for it. I wanted one last year, too, but the shortage nixed that. I got the flu last year, too. And I was even more miserable than I am now. So, I wanted that flu shot today. And I got it. Now I feel like I have the flu. That's why I'm feeling miserable. Not too miserable to blog, but miserable enough to feel lousy doing it. (And yet, I do feel a slight bit of satisfaction at knowing I did it in spite of myself. :) )

And now, on to better things:

Tomorrow is the release date for "The Polar Express" movie. Camden and I went to see it last year before Christmas - beautiful film! Of course I'll be at the Shop N Save bright and early tomorrow buying my own DVD of it because I cannot live without it and I wouldn't dream of depriving my kids of it.


We're going home for Thanksgiving!!! I was so homesick tonight (on top of the "flu") so I called Curt and told him about it. He wants me to be happy, so we're going home! How sweet is that?! We'll just hang out here on Wednesday night after he gets in. Then on Thanksgiving morning we'll hit the road. The boys will watch movies all the way home - that Polar Express will be quite timely, huh? And Curt and I can just be together. It's a seven hour drive, which I'm not looking forward, too. But my little family will be together.

I cannot wait to see Mom and Dad. It's been since June - too long. And I'll get to see Grandmomma, too. She may not even realize I'm there, but it'll mean a lot to me and Mom. And that matters. Plus, maybe we can squeeze in a trip to the Norton Big Lots before it closes!

1 comment:

  1. My prayers have been answered!!!My baby is coming home!!!!!!!!!!We'll do Big Lots, and anything else we can find to prowl on Friday. Tell Curt he's back up to favorite son-in-law status!! Can't wait to see y'all. Much, much love, Mom

    ReplyDelete