Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Little Rituals ~ Slice of Life
Benjy is my old soul.
An 8-year-old heaven-bound deep thinker.
He's my little missionary.
When he was about 5, he asked, Am I supposed to love God more or you more? I told him that as children of God, we put Him first. Then we honor our parents.
He seemed unconvinced, afraid I'd get my feelings hurt, but I assured my baby that I would be blessed to know that he loved God with all his heart.
So now we play this little game. One of us says, I love you.
The other replies, I love you, too.
Then one of us rushes to beat the other to say, I love God more than you.
The words usually spill out tripping over one another, IlovGomorthyou!!!!!!
I bet we've played this little game a thousand times.
A thousand times a thousand.
We always grimace when we don't win and Napoleon Dynamite Yessssss when we do.
Then we giggle and I want to jump into those large green eyes of his and stay there forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This made me smile :) Good writing too, of course!
ReplyDelete"I want to jump into those large green eyes of his and stay there forever"
ReplyDeleteLove this line! Your love for your son really flies off the screen with these words.
Thank you Deb and Christy! You made my day commenting on my only 2nd SOL. :) I really debated on that last line. But, hey, that's just how this little boy makes me feel. Thanks again!
ReplyDelete