Monday, February 27, 2012

Latest reads that had me hooked - and not a one of them is crime fiction(!):


Hilarious! Definitely better than the movie. (Though Meryl Streep is a great visual for The Devil herself.)

A tragic love story that had me hooked till the end and then longing for more

Another tragic story that unravels the secret life of a pilot after his death. I loved this author's other book Sea Glass which I read last fall.

Narrated by 5-year-old Jack who lives with his mom in the only space he's ever known - an 11-by-11 room - this story of his kidnapped mom and his life day after day is haunting and powerful. This book was a must-read at stoplights. "Boys, tell me when the light changes, OK?"

I've just started this one, and so far I'm incredibly attached to Colonel Massoud Amir Behrani. But I haven't met any other main characters yet.


Interesting bit of trivia: I picked up all of these books except Room from my local thrift store for 2 bucks each. Of course, I wish I could pay an indie seller full price for each of them, but my budget doesn't stretch that thin.





No comments:

Post a Comment