I have two little girls in my class of 2nd graders who have Lalaloopsy dolls. They have button eyes and odd hard plastic hair and their legs swing back and forth and I swear they giggle when I'm not looking. The dolls, they do giggle.
So intrigued by these creatures, I decided to explore this little world of dolls who look an awful lot like the Doodlebops my kids used to watch when they were crawling.
Did you ever watch the Doodlebops?
They're a little scary, what with being alive and adult-sized.
I walked around Target with the B, a simple trip for milk and bread which of course meant I had to take a detour to the Lego section because when in Rome....
While B hunted for Ninjago gadgets, I sauntered over to the pink aisles. I only visit these shelves when there's a girl birthday party to buy for, which is seldom. But I was curious. What does a Lalaloopsy display look like? And how is it different from Star Wars or Nerf?
Oh, I was enchanted! Immediately reverted to that pig-tailed girl in the '70s ogling the Barbies at Hills in Kingsport, Tennessee. I want that one! And that one! And, oooooh, THAT ONE!!!!!!!!!
Because they were on sale for a mere $4.99, I walked around with the Mini Lalaloopsy Marina Anchors doll in my buggy for too many minutes. I was convinced I should have her because 1) I loved the beach, B) her legs swung to and fro, and, oh yeah) her packaging looked remotely like Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. Remotely, but close enough. SCORE!
But then I started with my husband's buyers PREMORSE and thought that if I could only have Mini Lalaloopsy Spells a Lot, then I would have a TEACHER doll, and that would be just right for me since I wouldn't play with my doll at home, but at SCHOOL. Yeah, that would be so much better, but Target didn't have Spells a Lot.
And if I had Miss Spells a Lot, then I'd have to have this tree house to put her in. And there's the school bus, too, but I don't find myself pining for that.
It's all about the treehouse.
It reminds me a lot of the one the Weebles had before they got all engorged.
This is the toy I never had, the one I would have given all my Barbies for.
If I'd not choked on a Weeble first.







No comments:
Post a Comment