Monday, February 28, 2011

Picture Dump Monday

My pastor has been doing Mind Dumps on his blog. I remember doing these with my teacher friend Sandy back in Pa. We used to have our kids dump their brains out to review topics and let loose their wonderings. The best part was that Sandy taught middle schoolers and I taught 1st graders. Of course we'd compare, just us, teacher-to-teacher, what they came up with. That was always good for a laugh. And then there were those times when even we learned a thing or two. I miss you, Sandy.














Sooooo, what do you think?
They're knobless here, but in real life, they have knobs now.
Beautiful nickel-colored round knobs that scream
"I'm beautiful and I'm worth it!"

I'm thinking I need to name these old cabinets.
What would you call them?
Just one name would be fine.
I don't need 18 plus 8 for all the doors and drawers.

That would just make me feel like I'm still at school.
















Isn't she lovely?
She's my new 99-cent Marshall's bag.
I didn't need it when I bought it.

I just purely wanted it.
It's the closest thing to spring we have here in New England today.
















There's nothing that screams beach like drinking a water bottle out of my Outer Banks cozy.
















My newest read arrived in my book order today at school.
I think it's pretty cool how Scholastic offered up this grown-up book in a recent order form.
Since my friend from back home recommended it
- and plus also he's a dingdang GENIUS -
then I figured I'd check it out.
I started it in the bathtub and it's promising so far.
















A Haiku for Emma Lemma:

Snoop Dog Lima Bean:
Your ears of velvet and plush
are the stuff of dreams.


















Gratitudes:

151: Emma Lemma is the BEST dog.

152: For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power. ~ 1 Corinthians 4:20

153: First day back at school after winter break - calm, fun, filled, fulfilling

154: Safe travels this morning in a bit of freezing rain

155: Camden and Benjy did their homework sitting in my classroom before we left this afternoon.

156: Dee at school who told me about a book of learning to be thankful in all things

157: Grass peeking out from under the snow

158: Starting two new books today

159: As many problems as our country has, we are a free people.

160: It's been a week and I've not had a single nap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment