Emma Lemma Snoop Dog Lima Bean's Haiku:I can smell something.
It must be the chicken soup.
Or Mom's sweat and tears.
What should I do to make it move again tomorrow?
Did you know that Aunt Bea also used the Blue Willow china pattern? We have quite a collection of Blue Willow thanks to Mr. Richert's mom. She keeps us presentable.
Bet you wish I could come organize your cupboards for you, too, huh?
Yes, we understand that the ancient laminate countertops with the ancient laminate backsplash trimmed in ancient silver metallic strips will not be helped by the amazing paint job that is or is not visible in this picture.
Nothing like a nice glass of cabinet deglosser to get you through the day.
Gratitudes:
131: Mr. Richert warmed up my shoulder wrap in the microwave for 3 full minutes and laid it across my achy shoulders.
132: All the prep work for painting the kitchen cabinets is D.O.N.E.
133: And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
God is love.
Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.
1 John 4:16, NIV
134: I watched Despicable Me with the boys this morning and giggled when they danced.
135: The snow was pretty today. And every single snowflake was different.
136: I got the sweetest email from Mr. Richert's mom today.
137: Three loads of laundry done this afternoon. Thanking God for washing machines.
138: I didn't drive anywhere today. It felt great to stay home.
139: Chicken pot pie for lunch.
140: Emma Lemma Snoop Dog Lima Bean is 16 years old and still just as lovely as when we first adopted her from the SPCA.
I did not realize Emma was 16! Guess I should have, but you know how time flies! Loving your cabinets, hard work though....I am really proud of you. I love you so much and miss you more and more. Mom
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing undertaking! I would love to paint my cabinets red...ummmm, maybe April vacation.Thank you for the encouragement.Dee
ReplyDeleteDee - when you paint your cabinets red, definitely head to Lowe's or Home Depot or Ace or wherever and get the Rustoleum cabinet transformations kit! You take it to the paint counter and they tint the paint red - they have a GORGEOUS red color choice that I would have used except my kitchen was dark enough already. Anyway, it's a lot of work, but sooo much simpler than stripping and sanding everything. I'm halfway through it now, so it will take a good week off. I suppose some can do it in a weekend, but I am just not seasoned enough to bother! :)
ReplyDelete