The final coat of paint went on today.
A nice oil-base satin finish in pure white.
Next time I decide to paint my cabinets, remind me not to cut corners.
I'm all about the oil-base paint now.
And throw-away brushes, too.
These babies are smooth as a baby's bottom.
And clean.
It will be perfect when they cover up the innards of my cabinets.
Cabinet guts are not meant to be seen.
Don't be fooled by people who have fancy glass-fronted cabinets.
They probably just display their pretty dishes in them.
And they dust them every Saturday.
I will never have to dust my dishes,
what with hiding them and all.
STATS:
18 cabinet doors
8 drawers
102 square feet of painted surface
plus the window frame
and door frame to the deck
and the door frame to the dining room
The birds are home enjoying the new view.
GRATITUDES:
141: Date with Benjy to Lakeshore teacher store in Hamden and Barnes and Noble for hot cocoa. When he tripped and spilled his cocoa on the sidewalk, we went back for more. Barnesey gave it to him for free. :)
142: Camden's smile when I tell him I love him while he's sleeping. This happens only when he's dead asleep. Otherwise, he's too cool to do that. Gosh, I love that boy.
143: Mr. Richert was handy with a paintbrush today.
144: After 18 years, Mr. Richert is still the man of my dreams.
145: I dreamed about Daddy last night. I don't remember the details, but I do know it was sweet.
146: Emma Lemma Snoop Dog Lima Bean is 16 and still ticking. And when she smells food she howls, and she looks like she's a puppy again.
147: Lots of grass on the roadside today. Spring is coming.
148: Hot fire in the wood stove tonight. Winter is still here for the time being.
149: Teacher blogs by teachers who are creative, generous, and talented. I scored some great ideas this week.
150: If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. -1 Corinthians 13.
No comments:
Post a Comment