And this darling is vintage 1970-something. Early '70s, to be sure. That giant mouse thing is from a parade float that my uncle toted home to Grandmomma's. Shell and I were so proud. I do not recall picking my nose, but clearly, I did.
My boys are and forever will be enamored with Legos. Benjy used to have a thing for lining them up. Everywhere. Here they stand sentry over the living room.
I remember when I used to do this.
And it was so much fun.
Daggone, I miss it.
Battling with long sticks was the best.
The Emma Louise Dawn Snoop Dog Lima Bean doing what she does best.
The Lima Bean decorated for Valentine's Day.
Here's an oldie - Ellie once tolerated Camden dressing her up and didn't even bite his arm off. This is from around 2005 or so.
My favorite flower.
My favorite boys.
My favorite now-black belt.
My favorite black belt is such a goober.
Thing One and Thing Two

Camden once spent an entire summer wearing these yellow rubber boots with sweat pants, a turtle neck, and a sweater. And I let him because I'm cool like that.
He also spent one Memorial Day walking around a Pennsylvania cemetery putting flags on veterans' graves. He chose veterans who had no flags, the ones nobody had come to remember.
Remember how much I said I loved taekwondo? Well, I loved it so much I broke my ankle for it. Ouch.
Benjy still loves Blue Doggie.
He once picked all my daffodil petals and presented them to me. How could I resist that face?
Beach feet = happiness
Gratitudes for today. Because I feel a need to start ending my posts with at least 10.
1. Finding these old pictures
2. Dominoes bread sticks with marinara
3. Early dismissal from school
4. Hope for snow
5. Camden and Benjy having a Nerf battle in the backyard this afternoon
6. Finding old candles to put on my cake stand to top off the dining room sideboard
7. A new book to read - Widow for One Year by John Irving
8. Talking to Mom tonight
9. My family is home safe and sound.
10. Emma is snoozing in her own space, not mine.
I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
His eye is on the sparrow
and I know He watches me
He watches me
His eye is on the sparrow
and I know He watches
I know He watches,
I know He watches me.
Are not five sparrows sold for two cents? Yet not one of them is forgotten before God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows. Luke 12:6-7 NASB
Blessings, ya'll.
Awwwwwwww such memories......
ReplyDeleteYou are so truly blessed, and you are such a blessing to me. Thank you honey, just for being YOU. I love you, Mom
ReplyDeleteWendi, Thanks for posting. How good life is to us. It is so good just having you as a friend. Even though we don't get to talk as much since winter is here. Just knowing you're next door (at school that is) is awesome. You are such an encouragement and always share such good ideas. I know you are happy the snow finally came. Enjoy your weekend!! Love, Fran
ReplyDelete