
But you knew that already. That I has snow. I has so much snow that I has not even made snow cream with this Winter Storm Clare, my second BFF. (Italicized words are for comedic purposes by the author. They do not reflect a poor command of English subject/predicate agreement)
With all this snow that had fallen as of Friday, I was reminded of one of the longer picture books I read to my school youngins as well as my own personal children.

In all honesty, its very length makes me dread reading it. I have more appreciation for picture books with fewer words. Take, for example, the Pigeon books by my favorite Mo Willems.

Pigeon would never, ever, even in his wildest dreams, go on and on and on about a bit of snow. Come on, Mo himself lives in Massachusetts.
After I got over my discomfort of reading ultra-long children's books, I turned my thoughts to the snowy driveway outside. Not so much because I heart my driveway. But Paula from Hairdresser On Fire called and wanted to see if I needed an appointment since I canceled my last one. (Remember when I had bronchitis, pink eye, and a big honkin' sinus infection? I remember it.) So, Paula invites me in for 2:00, and I say, "Sure, as long as I can get out of my driveway."

Then I think: Should I call Mr. Richert and ask him to come home from work and clean the driveway for me so that I can go pamper myself? Or, should I do it my own dingdang self?
You can see where I'm going here, no?
I decide to do it myself. How hard can it be?
This bugger is quite difficult to start, but it's a breeze to drive.
So I hear.
I did not have easy access to one of these babies, so I called Mr. Richert and shocked him into telling me how to operate Baby.
This is Baby.
She is Mr. Richert's, well, ummmm, baby.
He also has a truck named Fiona. But that's another story for another day.
The short of it is this: I, in my amazing strength and fortitude, started Baby, steered her up and down and up and down the driveway and only sprayed snow into the garage one time. I managed to clear the driveway of snow and only had to shovel out the garage. I don't think I could do that again if asked.
But at least I know how to operate the snow blower. I bet Pigeon couldn't even do that. I don't think Mr. Richert would let him.
Gratitudes:
81: I finished John Irving's Widow for One Year today.
82: After debating downloading a new John Irving book for my Droid Kindle, I totally found a hard copy of his The Fourth Hand at Savers today for $2.99! Yeah, I bought it.
83: The sun was so bright today, I had to wear shades.
84: It may be freezing cold outside, but I am blessed to have warm clothes and a home.
85: We purged out closets today and donated to Savers when we went out there. Still so much more purging to do.
86: Camden kept us in stitches at dinner tonight.
87: Kayla Aimee's Scarlette is doing well and is 3 pounds 2.4 ounces!
88: Psalm 63 ~ 2-4 So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open,
drinking in your strength and glory.
In your generous love I am really living at last!
My lips brim praises like fountains.
I bless you every time I take a breath;
My arms wave like banners of praise to you.
89: Emma and Ein lay down together this evening for a brief nap. Tail to tail. No growls. No shakes. No hisses.
90: The embers in the woodstove burn just enough to keep us warm and cozy.
No comments:
Post a Comment